Wednesday, February 12, 2014

#WedBriefs It's All in the Tips #7


Happy Hump Day and welcome to Wednesday Briefs Flash Fiction! As always, I was given numerous options to inspire this weeks brief. Today I chose to go with the 2 photos included below and the following word prompt: “Your secrets are safe with me and all my friends.”


I hope you enjoy & thank you for reading!

"It's All in the Tips #7"

I’m beyond grateful it’s now closing time. Marcia and Darla have locked up and have already done the ‘last call for alcohol’ we do every time we close up shop. There’s no way I would be able to ignore the pull, or force currently tugging me toward the bars piano.
                This piano is the type you’d have seen long ago in a saloon, with gambling cowboys and all that good stuff. Apparently Linc has never been able to bring himself to get rid of it. Something about it being in his family for centuries, well at least that’s what he tells me. I know it’s old just by looking at it, but centuries. I don’t know…
                This urge, desire, and need I feel to release another’s pent up feelings are an enormous mixture of emotions that just bombarded my being in one fell swoop. So very powerful and painful!         
                The tune off of this piano is very different from the other keyboards and pianos I’ve played, but it’s still wonderful. It actually feels as if it warms with my playing, absorbing what I’m giving and saving it for another time instead of scattering about and eventually fading away as what usually happens.  I know it sounds nutty. But that’s exactly how it seems to me.
                Very slowly, almost reticently, I feel whoever is experiencing this upheaval of emotions drawing closer to me, causing the feelings to become stronger and stronger. It’s so strange to me since normally when this happens it’s my own emotions or the emotions of someone dear to me. I know it’s not Darla or Marcia. These emotions are too raw, too wild to be from my longtime friends and they are the only two here that I would normally…sense from.
                As soon as I sit, close my eyes and place my fingers on the keys. I instantly feel much better. Whole again, complete, light. I’m not sure where the sudden emotions of loneliness, abandonment and loss stemmed from. I’ll not find out right now since everything around me disappeared and will remain that way until the very last not passes from my mind to my fingertips.
                Musical notes are flowing through my mind in drones and passing through to my fingers. Flowing and pounding. All right alongside with the pain of rejection, fear of being alone and sadness from the seclusion of never having been truly loved. I need to release them all, set them free so all of these emotions flowing through me will escape along with the song. Hopefully also helping the hoarder of all of these negative feelings to feel better, lighter and refreshed as I am the more I play.
                Thank goodness Linc keeps it all tuned up for whenever someone is willing and able to play. My eyes are closed and I’m picturing myself playing for a large audience. The crowd is cheering me on as if I’m the best they’ve ever heard. My entire body is pimpled with goose bumps even though there’s warmth, no more like heat at my back that was not there before. I’ll not stop to look back and see what’s causing it. I need to finish playing the song until the very end. I’ve never stop mid song before and I don’t plan to now.
                I hear a whisper of a male voice not close enough to make out what’s being said and it’s frustrating me. I want to know what this voice is saying. I yearn to hear it.
                The warmth grows closer to me. I feel someone at my right side. Their breath close to my ear, taking in a breath as if they’re about to speak, “Your secrets are safe with me and all my friends.”
                I know this voice. It’s one I’ll never forget ever since he said the words ‘What’s your hurry ma’am’ to me earlier today. His voice has not left my head since he spoke those few words. Thinking of him now, I can actually see him through my mind’s eye. So sexy and eatable. Just for me and my eyes to feast upon. I have to lick my lips from this tantalizing vision since my mouth has gone dryer then the driest desert on the hottest day.
                I now know who is behind me. There’s no mistaking the feeling in my gut. It’s my Mr. Sexy and he’s currently touching my hair. His strong sexy fingers are moving it away from my ear and neck. I feel his breath coming out harshly as he caresses the skin of my neck and draws closer to me as I continue to play.

                He moves his lips right to my lobe, causing intense shivers to travel through me. His lips softly sit there as he breaths deeply then softly repeats, “Your secrets are safe with me and all my friends”
This time he tacks on, “my lovely” to the ending. Oh my!
                I don’t know what he means by that. I’ve no secrets to tell. None that are my own anyway and all of them are under lock and key. Stored in the very back of my mind and will remain there through eternity. Not even Mr. Sexy could pry them from me…







Be sure to check back for the next brief!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me