Wednesday, January 8, 2014

#WedBriefs Flash Fiction It's All in the Tips #5 by A.R. Von


Happy Hump Day and welcome to Wednesday Briefs Flash Fiction! As always, I was given various options to inspire this weeks brief. I chose to go with the 3 photos included below and the following word prompts: "I wished the earth would open up and swallow me whole." "What did you call me?" & "Are you kidding me?"


I hope you enjoy & thank you for reading!

"It's All in the Tips #5"


“Are you fudge-fuckingly kidding me woman?” Is the reaction Marcia gets from Darla when she shares her new relationship stats with her.
She looks livid and I feel like making a U-turn and heading back to the store room while these two hash it out! But I won’t because they’re the best friends a gal could ask for and it’s so damned entertaining to witness!

Darla is on the verge of the color purple and starts to speak with her teeth clenched tight. “So you’re just now telling me that you’ve been the icing on those hot cinnamon buns, aka that hot piece over there for a couple of weeks and neither of your besties knew? You kept us BOTH out of the loop? Whatever happened to our sacred friendship and the inability to keep secrets from one another? I’m hurt. Like seriously internally injured! My heart officially has a crack that is stretched all the way through to my miniscule ego!”

I can’t help but to laugh. Darla always has a way of making things funny even when she’s totally serious. Gotta love that chick!

Feeling the heat of someone’s stare I slowly turn still baring the smile my friend’s antics have put on my face and quickly feel it slip right off even speedier than it came.
No, there’s no one looking at me. But there’s some blonde bimbo hanging all over my Mr. Sexy cowboy. She has a hand on one of his deliciously chiseled pecks; her crotch is pretty much settled right on his knee and her plumb colored lips linger close to his ear while she whispers lord knows what to him. I should be the one whispering in his ear. Not that she bitch whoremonger piece of tramp!

He must have felt my stare because he turns to me with an unreadable look on his face.
There’s no mistaking the fire in his eyes. I mean I literally see a spark and flame in his eyes once they meet head on with mine.
Right at that moment I wish the earth would open up and swallow me whole.
 I quickly turn my head and look down at the rubber floor mat, habitually counting the holes in it just to calm myself a little.
 I’m only half standing on because it shifted again, as it always does when it’s step on, walked on and even thought about. If it wasn’t for the safety factor and how slippery these tiled floors get behind the bar. I’d remove them myself! I really wish Linc would grab some new ones even just for behind the bar. I’ve twisted my ankle twice since I worked here because of these old POS.

I’ve raised my eyes and bit and am now looking at a dent in the bar remembering how it got there when. Suddenly I hear a woman’s raised voice venomously question “What did you call me?”

Then I hear Mr. Sexy’s  rumbled retort, “I said get your whore claws off of me. I didn’t give you permission to touch me, ever. Leave. Now.”

He spoke so low and growly I’m surprised I was able to hear him. Then again, as I look to see his facial expression I notice he’s looking straight at me while he’s dismissing the bimbo.

My stomach jumps and drops as if it’s on its very own roller coaster ride. My hands get sweaty and my mouth goes dry. I suddenly get a visual of him all wet and half naked begging me to come dry him with my tongue…

***

I just can’t seem to get that female out of my mind and my nose. Her scent is trapped very permanently in my memory. So much so I can taste her. She’s fucking delicious. And her thoughts, if only she knew I could hear what she was thinking. Mr. Sexy is what she called me. I like that. A lot!

The thought causes me to chuckle again. I really wanted to tell her my name and take her away with me. Bring her to my home and have her in every way possible. Feast upon her flesh with my eyes, my mouth and my hands. But something in my gut told me the timing was not right, yet. Now here I am walking into the place I saw her enter earlier.

After sending out some feelers to find out about her by using my resources, only two of my clan members came back with anything at all and it’s very little.

The two things they did find out are her name, Renee Chico, and that ‘Get Your Drink On’ is where she works and has worked for over six years now, that’s about it. I’m unsure if it’s a good thing or bad that there’s no more to be found about her.

I’d love to know if she’s single for starters. I don’t know what I’ll do if she taken. I want her. I actually think I need her. Her soul calls to me and my inner voice is telling me to just take her, that’s she’s mine and mine alone. But the angel on my shoulder, as always, is telling me to do the right thing and not be a Neanderthal.  To introduce myself to her and go the traditional human route. Date her; get to know her as a person before getting physical with her. I know it’s going to be a very hard task. Just her thoughts alone make me feel the need for a cold shower.

Then there’s the little fact that I’m not human. Well not a hundred percent anyway. None from my clan are. We are the only clan in the world that is mixed. What I mean by mixed is we have everything from reptile shifters to hot blooded, from witches to vampires. Yes, we are an odd group. But we are family and we all work and look out for one another like our own blood would never do…





Be sure to come back for the next brief!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me