Friday, January 10, 2014

Review(s) Skater Boy (#1 X-Treme Boys) and My Skater Boy (#2 X-Treme Boys) by Kay Manis

"Skater Boy"
Skater Boy Cover
Author: Kay Manis
Genre: New Adult
Pages: 342
Source: Author in exchange for a honest review.
Published: September 8, 2013

My Review:
A fun, emotional and romantic story that's virtually impossible to put down once you get started. A definite must read for any fans of the genre!

Hindley is a different kind of girl. I don't know all that much about her from this story, except she's independent, smart, and beautiful and has secrets. She's just started her career in law and is determined to make it work. It becomes a bit difficult for her once she meets Rory and falls for him pretty much instantly!


I feel in love with Rory pretty quickly myself. This guy is perfectly imperfect. He's a talented skater and is trying to move forward in his life. A player and a man with many secrets and self-doubts is about to get an eye opener. What a glorious eye opener it is!

A great start to a new series that's sure to have the reader looking for more! My only negative about it is we don't get much information in Hindley. I hope that changes in book 2 because I'd really like to know what REALLY makes her...Hindley :)


Overall Rating:



 Sex Rating: 


"My Skater Boy"
My Skater Boy Cover

Author: Kay Manis
Genre: New Adult
Pages: 432
Source: Author in exchange for a honest review.
Published: September 8, 2013


My Review:
A great continuation from Skater Boy (book 1 of the series) and just as good! A great read for any fans of the genre but I strongly suggest reading book 1 first. My Skater Boy is NOT a standalone read!

Hindley has a lot more secrets buried than I originally thought. Very deep ones! We learn a lot more about her, her past and the reasoning behind many of her actions. I truly adore this chick!

Rory is experiencing a variety of new, pretty much alien feelings and does not know how to control them or his actions. Once having his mind set in life and its direction and now set on much more. Can he do it and have it all?


I'm very happy with the ending to this story and how it took off from the first book. I adore all of the characters and even liked the evil step sister a bit by the end. A very satisfying read all around!



Overall Rating:


 Sex Rating: 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me