Wednesday, October 16, 2013

#WedBriefs Flash Fiction Lady #22 by A.R. Von



Happy Hump Day and welcome to Wednesday Briefs Flash Fiction! As always, I was given various options to inspire this weeks brief. I chose to go with the following word prompts "It had to be you" or use keys in some way and the 3 photos below.


For those of you that have not read the prior week's portions and would like to. Click HERE to access them all.


I hope you enjoy & thank you for reading!



Once the words leave my mouth, both Dezso and I were surrounded by light. It’s no longer directed towards where the men were standing and Dezso’s light is now completely gone.
The light that surrounds us is a vividly sparkling bright blue. The way it surrounds us makes me feel as if we are within the moons core. I see everything as if I’m looking from above.

I remember what the goddess told me about how my power will be at its strongest during the full moon. The moon is not quite full yet, but is almost there. I see it in my mind’s eye. So beautiful and the bluest I’ve ever seen. It’s so real and close I feel as if I could reach out and touch it. On instinct, I reach out for it, but not with my hands. I don’t know how to explain it fully. It’s as if my soul separates from my body, floating freely. My hands grab hold of the iridescent glow and pull it within me, strengthening me, filling me with power beyond imagination.

Coming back within myself, I look to Dezso.

There’s no more light lingering on his fingers or anywhere else within him. His eyes are closed and he is standing but slouching, panting and dripping sweat in small rivers.

I continue to focus my energy around us with the hope it’ll help whatever is going on. Stop whatever—whoever is doing this to my love. I must save him! Where has his light gone? I take a deep breath, place my palm upon Dezso’s chest and one more lingering look at his pain filled face, then close my eyes. Once again, I think about my lessons which are really too few for my liking, but I will make it work. I reflect about the visions of Dezso and I feed the warmth I get from the thoughts through me and into Dezso. I hear him sigh and I open my eyes only to see him smiling and staring down at me.

The light no longer surrounds us and it is now night time. So much time has passed since our picnic and the chase. I started to build the anticipation for what was to come between us. I feel as if it is all my fault, but I am not the one who attacked or forced evil within another being. Trying to cause harm or kill another. It was Than and Cassiel that brought this upon us. I’m just happy my Dezso is now safe and he has his light back as it should be.
He looks around in panic then settles his gaze on me. He pulls me tight to him, kisses the top of my head, placing his lips there and taking a deep breath. He sighs and rests his chin atop my head and clears his throat. “They are gone. You did it Iria. I’m so very proud of you my sweet. I thought I’d never see you again. You’re all I thought of and I thought I lost you. No matter how much positive I thought, I was pulled deeper into the darkness. It’s as if they were both feeding me negativity, making me believe I already failed you, lost you. All I could see for a while was darkness. Oily, evil and strong. I felt as if I was shackled to the darkness, by the darkness. 

Unable to move or bring forth my light. My light seemed to be gone, it abandoned me. I believe Than and Cassiel stole it, removed it and tried to fill me with their pure evil and hatred…” he pauses to look into my eyes.

I stare back while feeling so much love for him.

He shook his head sadly and went on, “I was about to give up but I began to feel a warmth starting in my heart and spreading throughout my entire being. It had to be you. I felt your presence—your love wrap around me and pull me back. I saw the liveliest of colors surrounding me in a circular rainbow. You. I know it was. You bring me light. I love you so much my Iria. So much it hurts.” Dezso attacks my lips viciously. Like a starving man. Crushing, bruising passion that ignites my sexual heat close to combustion.

We stay like this for a long time. He’s exploring me, satisfying his need to know I’m really here and truly alright. When he’s at least partially satisfied, he removes his mouth from mine and rests his lips on my forehead.

I feel his pulse beating on my lips resting upon his neck. It’s a frantic beat, almost animalistic. “I love you too Dezso. I thought—I thought I would lose you to them. I did not know what to do. I let my instincts guide me and they brought me power beyond our wildest dreams. I’ve never felt so strong as I did when I saw the blue moon and it let me feed from it. It strengthened my light to a point where it practically burst from me. That is what I provided to you. That’s what brought you back to me. Now can we please go home?”

****

It’s been two days since the attack by Than and Cassiel. Iria and I have been training hard.
My uncle has been by our sides more than ever. Offering his help, knowledge and guidance. He now knows of Iria’s secret. He’s sworn the secret to his grave and beyond. He says he knew there was something different…Special about her but didn’t want to pry. We are both truly grateful to have him at our side.

“Iria don’t take it easy on the old man. Take him down!”

She chuckles and ducks a punch from my uncle Dillon. Quickly gaining her feet and swiping his legs from below him. “Eat dirt evil doer!” She jumps up in triumph and laughs at my uncle’s confounded expression.


I can’t help but release a chuckle myself. Iria has come so far in such a short span of time. Tomorrow is the full moon and she’s to meet with Tethy’s and ask if the goddess will help us with our quest to find the key to rid me of my darkness…


Be sure to come back for the next brief!


***All parts of Lady, except for #1 will be removed from the blog within the next few weeks and released (with additional scenes) in ebook as well as print not too long after (I will let you know new title and all other information soon). I'm very excited about this and hope you'll join me for the thrill ride!***

(This story continues to be dedicated to my one and only sister, my Pookie. Her love of unicorns from when we were tots is what inspired me to write it. Love you my sissy!)




1 comment:

  1. Waiting for "tomorrow" to find out if she gets what she wants

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me