Saturday, October 19, 2013

Guest Post with Aspen deLainey


Synopsis for Love ‘n Lies
Gaining weight is a human problem. At least that’s what Leticia always thought. But when this vivacious vampire wakes from her year-long slumber and discovers that her formerly svelte frame has retained a few extra pounds, it becomes apparent that something has gone amiss.

A girl just can't wander around the Calgary Stampede in clothes that don't fit! So she sets about the task of shopping and working out a low-cal diet of humans she can live on. When her friends notice how depressed she is, one of them suggests she adopt a tomcat named Justin to keep her company. Little does she know that she would fall madly in love with her new kitty. The moment she does, the spell cast over Justin is broken and he takes his true form – a long, tall, dark haired man with an insatiable sex drive. Letty is more tempted than she ever thought possible and can't keep her hands off him anymore than he can keep his off of her.

After taking him back to her childhood home, Evermore, to consult with the head wizard Silvius, she soon discovers the Warlock who cast the spell over Justin isn't letting him go so easily.

Throw in a nasty twin sister who'll do anything to get her hands on what Letty has, including Justin's more than hot body, and you end up with Love... 'n Lies!

Purchase Links:




Why Do I Write Paranormal Romance
I am a believer. As a child I loved the idea of fairies. I wanted them to exist. I remember sneaking out of my aunt’s house one visit at dawn to try and catch the fairies waking up. My aunt had this gorgeous flower bed, something that my mother didn’t grow.
The memory probably remains because I remember leaning over to get a really good look and falling into the cactus she had planted beside the flowers. Took my aunt and mother hours to pull all those little barbs out of my leg.
I hunted out toadstool rings because I’d read about fairies using the lovingly maintained green area for their singing and dancing areas. I sought rainbow ends, sure that I’d find a leprechaun. Not for his gold. I wanted wishes granted. Wishes about being invited to a fairy ball.
As I grew older I stopped reading about fairy dances and got into the darker paranormal. The vampires and werewolves, the witches and warlocks, the dwarves and trolls, the naiads and dryads, the forest people, both kind and fierce. I loved those stories.
And how could all these stories be just imagination. There had to be some truth in them. Some snippet of reality. Guess it didn’t hurt that one of my grandparents was very into the occult. Her superstitions played out for me on every visit — the drinking of all your bubbles to gain a wish, salt over the shoulder for any spill, the silk shrouded playing cards used for special games — she had them all. And I loved her for it.
So in a way, writing about the paranormal came naturally. I still want to believe in them. I want there to be another set of people only a few lucky souls get to meet and play with. And I want to be one of them.
As I’ve never met one – that I know of – I had to create them. In my own conceptualized image of them of course.
People, live and love. Love is a genetic imperative, a perpetuation of the race. So of course my paranormals are going to fall in love. Love causes many strange reactions – look at us humans. Why can’t the paranormal have love affairs that truly go wrong, with paranormal ramifications? Or why can’t they find true love? That lasting evermore feeling of completeness. Maybe they have some heart function, or smell factor that tells them when they’ve meet their other half? It’d be better than our human way of falling in love, failing, divorcing and trying again. Wouldn’t it?
So, to me, paranormal romance is a natural extension of my wish for a way of finding true love. A way to explain a heartfelt wish for every woman and man to find their true soul mate, the person they somehow were destined to meet and spend eternity with.

Isn’t that what we all want?



Author Bio:
Aspen lives in the Foothills of Alberta with her husband, two of her four children, a dog, a lovebird and a glaring of semi-feral cats. You will often find her watching the wildlife happily feasting in her vegetable garden in the early morning dawn. Being a lover of nature, and all things natural, she wouldn’t trade her country lifestyle for all the beans on the stalk.

A die-hard believer in fairy tales, Aspen hopes her fairy godmother is the Muse. Lending credence to this notion is one of Aspen’s earliest memories: writing a story for her little brother in crayon on a favored picture book and earning a spanking as her first critical review.  Never deterred, Aspen continued to make up stories, and hone her craft, until finally letting a few escape her clutches in 2010.

Love ‘n Lies is Aspen’s first work in The Evermore Chronicles, the concept for which was developed while she was employed in the seniors’ medical field. Do paranormal beings suffer from medical problems also? What happens to aging Vampires, Wizards, Trolls and the like? The questions begged to be answered... And of course, their stories needed to be told.



Social Media Links:
Twitter: @AspendeLainey



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me