Wednesday, September 25, 2013

#WedBriefs Flash Fiction Lady #19 by A.R. Von



Hello everyone and welcome to Wednesday Briefs Flash Fiction an awesome way to start your Hump Day! As always, I was given various options to inspire this weeks brief. I chose to go with the 1 photo and the 2 word prompts for this weeks LadyThe word prompt I used is: "use something stolen" &  have a character who feels like he/she's getting ill.

For those of you that have not read the prior week's portions and would like to. Click HERE to access them all.


I hope you enjoy & thank you for reading!



I glance down at Iria with no remorse for what I’ve just done. I feel heat flowing through my entire body. It’s as if I am being consumed by flames from the inside out. I have the sudden urge to destroy and kill. My sight is changing, losing its brightness and color. All I now see are shades of grey and splashes of red. It’s as if there is blood sprinkled all around, on everything! Death and darkness surrounds me. The ground below me shakes and ruptures as if it was just blasted by multiple canons. I need to gain control, now!


Closing my eyes and breathing deep a few times. I think about color, light, and love. The brightness and warmth of the sun on a clear day. The amazing way I feel when I hold Iria in my arms. How complete I feel when we become one and when I wake up beside her. All these thoughts only seem to heat me more instead of having the desired effect. I’m afraid to open my eyes and not see vivid color and life. I’ve not yet found if there’s a cure to this darkness within me and I find it might now be too late. This is the first time the darkness has consumed me, so and I’m unsure if I can stop it.
We’ve not yet approached all of my friends and family to request help and advice with what ails me. To tell them of what I’ve been ashamed of all my life and hope at least one of them will have the knowledge.
Iria’s hands take a hold of mine and she is shaking me. 


I cannot hear her voice yet and I feel desperate to find a cure for this evil. So far, my uncle Dillon mentioned something about a stone stolen from our family’s possession around the time of my birth. He said if we were to find a way to hone in on the stones power, we’d be able to find it and use it to absorb the darkness that’s within me. He says it’s an amethyst, a little larger than his fist; its color is deep purple with tinges of violet. But the problem is I’ve no idea what to look for when it comes to its power. We need someone with full knowledge and practice of the stone in order to be successful.



“Dezso, my love. I am all right you did not harm me. Why did you stop? We are to train me to be my best, remember? You look so far away in thought. Please come back to me?”



Iria’s voice forces me to open my eyes and I’m happy the color and brightness has returned to me. I reach for her, pull her into my arms and hold her tight. I know I must tell her what just happened to me. The thought makes me feel ill. I hope she will not desire to leave me with this new truth. I know how much I need her, no matter what happens in my life. I need her there by my side in order to triumph, in order to breathe and live.



“Dezso, please loosen your hold. I find it hard to breath and I am frightened of what’s going on. Please tell me what ails you my love.” She lightly touches my neck and makes patterns up to my jaw and back down.
Her touch sends thrilling shivers through my body. I lean forward and bury my face in her hair, breathing deep the scent only she carries. It’s mingled with the scents of pine and damp earth from sparring outdoors. Her essence brings me the courage I need to speak the truth to her. Before I change my mind, I gently grab her hand, take a step away and tug her along with me to a fallen tree so we can sit.


Once seated she stares at me with those sweet, trusting eyes.
I then angle my body towards her and tell her everything that just happened to me. What I saw, felt and thought about throughout the minutes when I felt the darkness gain its strength. Then I pause to think about what I may have brought forth and shared it with her. “I think it might have been hearing about my parents that brought it forth Iria. The anger I felt as you told me. Then imagining my mother in such a place, going through what she did. It made me think of death, murder and destruction. I desired to kill and get revenge for the harm brought upon her. But not even the thoughts of you and all of the beauty in our world could break me free—it was when you spoke to me that I was able to escape the dark, I pause to look at Iria.

She smiles sweetly at me and nods for me to continue.
“You, your voice, nothing else. We need to find the stone uncle Dillon told us about or find another way. I think we should go back to him and see if he found out anything more of where it could be or how we can find it.”


Iria turns her face away from me and closes her eyes.
I know she’s deep in thought. She always closes her eyes when she thinks hard.


“I have an idea Dezso. I’m not sure if it’ll work. But there’s no harm if we try. When I am in my birth form I can sense certain—magic’s. I become more sensitive. Especially to things which are nature based as an amethyst stone is. The next full moon is just two days away. I can let myself take form and try to find it.”



I open my mouth to voice my feelings of her idea.
Iria holds up her hands to silence me and then continues to speak. “But first I would like to try and speak with the goddess and see if she can help me to focus on the stone specifically or she might be able to tell me if it’s even worth trying. I know how you feel about me changing and the dangers involved. Especially with three more unicorns missing, and Than has been reported to be lurking mere miles away. So, I would like to contact the goddess first. I’m going to go to our spot and see if I can call upon Tethys, since she is the one who brought me to the goddess the first time.”







Be sure to come back for the next brief!



(This story continues to be dedicated to my one and only sister, my Pookie. Her love of unicorns from when we were tots is what inspired me to write it. Love you my sissy!)




6 comments:

  1. Uh Oh, I sense trouble ahead. How exciting. I love amethysts. Their energy is so calming and healing, a perfect stone to get rid of darkness inside someone. I'm so glad Iria isn't being scared off. She's one cool lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- it is isn't it!?
      I once knew the properties of many stone (from my father drilling them to me). Amethyst, onyx and cats eyes have always fascinated me :)
      Thank you so much for reading!!

      Delete
  2. I have the sudden urge to destroy and kill. - lol - I've many of those moments. Good thing I don't have non-human powers.
    Great post. Looking forward to next week's.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Thank YOU for reading Victoria & for tweeting :)

      Delete
  3. So awful to see Denzso's dark side, but Iria is not scared... Were the gods determined to bring our favourite pair together? And now.. Back to tethys... I can barely wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she scared all right!
      I hope Tethys can help in the way they need though. I really do!!
      Thank you for reading Maria!!

      Delete

Talk to me