Wednesday, September 18, 2013

#WedBriefs Flash Fiction Lady #18 by A.R. Von



Hello everyone and welcome to Wednesday Briefs Flash Fiction an awesome way to start your Hump Day! As always, I was given various options to inspire this weeks brief. I chose to go with the 2 photos and the 1 word prompts for this weeks LadyThe word prompt I used is: use: cabbage, rose, napkin  in some way.

For those of you that have not read the prior week's portions and would like to. Click HERE to access them all.


I hope you enjoy & thank you for reading!




It’s been 3 months of heavenly bliss. Dezso and I have grown even closer than I ever thought possible. We developed a daily routine and nightly ritual which I’ve grown to enjoy immensely!


I’ve learned much about various forms of magic and how to defend myself. I enjoy sparring with Dezso the best. Even though he’s still not used all of this power or strength with me and I truly wish he would. I believe he is afraid to harm me and that I can understand. But enough is enough. I must learn! “Dezso my love. You must give me all of you. I need to be able to defend myself against all odds. I cannot do such a thing if you’re always taking it easy on me. Attack me as you would the enemy, go in for the kill or at least to immobilize. Don’t you want me to be my best?”



“Of course I do my peach. I just can’t bring myself to set free my all. I’m afraid I might harm you and that’s the last thing I want to do.”


I sigh and think about all I have learned so far and the all that has occurred up to this point. There’s one thing I’ve never told Dezso about. The dream I had with the man named Cassiel and the woman Eryn. He distracted me from my thoughts that morning with sweet kisses and passion which brought me to completion over and over again.


Decision made. I decide to tell him about it. “Dezso, there is something I’ve not told you as I was distracted from the thoughts of it due to your—ministrations. A few moons ago, I had a dream. So very real and so very sad. It was of a woman bound to a bed the color of the reddest rose and a man beating her.”


I pause and look at him to see if he’ll question me in any way.

He gives a slight nod to tell me to continue.


“He was asking…demanding she answer him some question that my ears never had the privilege of hearing, but she continued to refuse. He—he whipped her until she bled tiny rivers and cried her eyes dry…” I pause once again to compose myself. Thinking about it brings me back to how very real it felt to me and how I could do nothing to stop it when I wished I could help the woman in some way.



Dezso gently grabs my shoulders and pulls me closer to him, soothing me with his tender touch. He pulls me close to him. “Iria, what else do you remember my love?” 



I enjoy the vibrations of his words against my ear while he speaks and I finally answer, “Only their names, what they looked like and the last threat he spoke to her. He said to her, ‘Then, I will take the boy.’ They were both very handsome and seemed to be lovers. But I’m not certain of it. Their names were Cassiel and Eryn.”



Deszo sucks in a great breath of air and pulls me away from his chest. He’s shaking with what looks like a mixture of fear and anger.

For the first time since I’ve laid my eyes upon him I feel real fear. “Dezso my love. What is it? Why are you so angry?”


“I’m not angry with you Iria. I promise you that. Please tell me what they looked like. I must know!”



I gave him all of the details I could remember of each. All I could remember which were many. Down to a birthmark on the back of Eryn’s upper thigh in the shape of a crescent moon.



“It cannot be. I don’t understand how or why you are seeing my parents.” He shakes his head as if to clear his muddled thoughts, then begins pacing and running his fingers through his hair, pulling at it and looking as if he’s about to scream.



“Dezso please. I’m sorry I did not tell you sooner. I’d never purposefully keep anything from you. It was only a dream, nothing more. I just wanted to share it with you. I felt maybe you would know of something I saw. Even if only a dream you would understand why I need you to help me fully to learn to fight and defend myself. Please forgive me my love?”



He’s no longer pulling at his hair and his expression grew soft. His eyes are watery and his shaking has stopped. He raises his eyes to look into mine and gives me the smallest of smiles while coming closer to me. “It is not you my love. I’m sorry for acting this way. It’s just to hear of my parents… It hurts me Iria. Hurts me deep. To know of what my mother has gone through. All of the hurt and sacrifice all to protect what she believes in and holds dear…” Dezso pauses as his pain, fear and frustration is reflected on his face.


I wonder about all that he is going through and I feel remorse of how I brought it forth.
“To know you saw what you did. It brings forth feelings I’ve never felt before,” he explains. “I have the urge to kill and maim, destroy and conquer. The rage is so strong within me. I will do what you ask. I do want you to protect yourself always. Even—especially against me. You were right to tell me of this. I’ll no longer hold back with you. Let’s get into fighting stance and begin again.” He gives me a brief kiss and walks a few feet away. A determined look on his face.
I know I will be ready for this fight and all others we must face. I just hope Dezso will always remain at my side through it all and never allow the darkness to consume his light.


He catches me off guard as he keeps disappearing and reappearing behind me.

The look on his face is one I do not recognize. I gasp as I see the fire consume his eyes. He moves his hand high above and sweeps my legs from beneath me. I fall ungracefully onto the ground. The breath empties from my lungs…











Be sure to come back for the next brief!



(This story continues to be dedicated to my one and only sister, my Pookie. Her love of unicorns from when we were tots is what inspired me to write it. Love you my sissy!)




3 comments:

  1. How exciting. So the woman she saw was Dezso's mother and I guess the boy was Dezso himself. This story is getting more complex by the week and I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Thank you for reading Nephylim :)

      Delete
  2. oh wow! Now we see where Deszo's darkness comes from. This story continues to have me hooked!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me