Wednesday, July 10, 2013

#WedBriefs Flash Fiction Lady #8



Hello everyone and welcome to Wednesday Briefs Flash Fiction. As always, I was given many options to inspire this weeks brief. I chose to go with the two photos below and the two word prompts "If wishes were fishes..." & "where angels fear to tread..." for this week.

For those of you that have not read the prior week's portions and would like to. Click HERE to access them all.
I hope you enjoy & thank you for reading!


Each and every man that is with Than is doing something to destroy all the beauty and life that surrounds them. Injecting concoctions into the rarest of beasts, paralyzing them and then spelling them to some unknown place.
Unicorns, lion men, phoenix’s, griffins, creatures of the waters along with all other protectors of the forest and their kin. Even the smallest creatures are being hunted down and either killed or imprisoned. It’s all hurting my head. All of these dreadful images and the pain I feel. It’s as if I am the one being attacked. I just want to scream at them all, stop them from hurting all of these innocents but I cannot bring myself to move, to take a proper breath. So much pain and suffering.
Suddenly, the images come to a slow down and I see the dark haired child again. The child is older now, but not by much. He is speaking to my dream self. Somehow, I know that she is me. I hear him clearly as if he is right beside me, speaking softly into my ear. “If wishes were fishes then fishes would be wishes and we’d all be granted at least one.” My human self-smiles softly and kisses him on the cheek. They then both turn to the approaching form and I see my grip on the boy tighten as the form grows closer.
I then see my dream self relax and the boy jumps out of my arms and runs to Dezso. “Papa” he calls with such happiness and jumps straight into his arms.
The female with them stands tall and I see she has a swollen middle. That’s me, I am having another child and by the looks of it very soon.
Dezso walks towards me with the male child, holding him tight and giggling. He places the child down and pulls me to him. Burying his face in-my hair. Inhaling deeply and searching for my lips with his own for a kiss. He pulls back, both of his hands cupping my human face and presses his forehead to my human form and whispers, “My love I’ve missed you dearly.”
“It’s only been a couple of hours Dezso. Don’t be silly.” Are the words the come out of my mouth with an enormous smile just for him.
“Come now Crisol. It is time to give your mama a break and meet with the others for your lessons.”
“Alright papa. Love you both with all of me.” The boy gives both a brief hug then runs toward other youngsters his age all settling in front of a wizen old woman that is sitting upon a stool waiting for the children to settle down before her.
Dezso takes my human hands and directs me to a path. 
The scene flashes forward to Dezso and I undressing one another in what I assume is our home. He is licking a path from my collar bone to my lobe. Nibbling and humming in appreciation as I rub his arousal with my hand and give a squeeze. Quick as a flash, he spins me and commands I kneel upon the bed.
 Of course I do as he asks. But with a little difficulty due to the protruding of my stomach.
He runs his hands gently up and down my back and stops when he gets to my hip area. “I’m going to have you now Iria. I’ve seen this in my mind’s eye every minute I’ve been away from you. I’m going to take you now!”
“Yes!”
He thrusts forward and enters me in one stroke. The fit is so perfect; he is the key to my lock. Meant to be and so complete. I’m wondering if I am supposed to be feeling all of this as I am seeing it as if it is happening now and not then.
“I’ll not last long this time and for that I am sorry. I promise to make it up to you.”
“Yes, just please don’t stop.”
The scene changes once more to complete darkness. I wait for something to happen. It does not take very long. A flash of light comes from my right and all I see is dirt. No plant or animal life whatsoever. I look up to the sky and again see nothing. No moon, no stars. I try to concentrate and focus my ears for the sound of water, people, anything and again…I find nothing.
Another flash brings my attention back to my right. I now can see Dezso, Than and myself in what looks to be a battle. Magic is being tossed back and forth between Dezso and Than. My human self is standing there chanting, while staring straight at Dezso. It looks as if I am lending him power.
Abruptly, a brighter flash comes my way of my human self and then, all goes dark again. I feel as if my skin is being removed from my flesh as the peel of a yellow banana fruit. Am I dead? Maybe dying? I feel deep fear for what has just happened. It cannot be real—or can it?
I open my eyes to see Tethys looking at me, her tentacles moving as if agitated, waiting for my reaction. I cannot speak. I do not know what to say.
She seems to understand this and speaks her own mind, “Iria, you must make the choice, sacrifice yourself and you will get your wish. The goddess says only you can stop the evil that is upon us, stop it from killing all in its path. You with your pure heart and love for Dezso will save our world and bring it peace. You have seen pieces of possible outcomes with your choices made. Now all you need to do is actually make your choice. Will you choose to refuse your heart’s desire and have our world turn to a place where angels fear to tread or will you follow your heart and allow our world to continue to be the glorious place it is?”






Come back next week for Lady #9...




(This story continues to be dedicated to my one and only sister, my Pookie. Her love of unicorns from when we were tots is what inspired me to write it. Love you my sissy!)


Be sure to visit the other Wednesday Briefs:
Elyzabeth VaLey      
Nephylim    



5 comments:

  1. Oh wow. A shocking chapter. A hard choice. or is it? she has at least ten years, until her son is grown. In the meantime she has everything she ever wanted. i know what i would choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Me too!! But we'll have to see what the next prompts prompt me to write :)
      Thank you for reading Nephylim!

      Delete
  2. omg that is some choice Iria has to make. Her flash of seeing herself with her Son a swollen belly and Dezso was beautiful.Iria's Son whispers "If fishes were wishes" she would be granted one.I'm hoping Iria chooses to listen to Tethys,and her son because of all the possible outcomes she was shown.Than and his men injecting and wiping out all Beauty & Life would mean a life without Dezso.Iria please make the right decision.Great Chapter Ava.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it Maggie! I was a bit nervous that you'd not like the direction OR the needle :)
      Thank you so much for continuing to read and for your comments!

      Delete
  3. What an emotional episode this week. Good use of the prompts, too. Those were two hard prompts to use together, but you pulled it off beautifully. Kudos to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me